Thursday, July 3, 2008

Random

Facebook Bingo is highly addicting. I got an invitation for it last night, and can't stop playing. I keep spamming my friends list to earn more cards. I feel like a drug addict, anticipating my next fix.

I tried so hard to take a nap today and couldn't. Too much noise. Levi (the doxie next door) was so yappy, and then when Alex returned from his lunch outing in St. Cloud, he decided to skip out on work and come home to scrape paint off the garage (yep, we're leading exciting lives here, folks...). I closed one bedroom window to block out Levi, and I could hear his scraping through the other window. I closed that window too, and it just got too hot in the bedroom. I went down to the basement (the best napping place in the house), but the dehumidifier kept kicking on and off. Every time I'd doze off, it would kick on.

Long weekends are so challenging. I feel like we need to do something - anything - that we wouldn't normally do on a regular two-day weekend. We have a few options this weekend, but I'm still struggling. Will we be able to manage it all and a nap for Reed? Will it be the day from hell if he misses a nap? Will we all kill each other?

Strawberries are ready in Minnesota. This is so awesome. We have had berries every day for the last week. I have strawberry syrup in the fridge that is awesome on top of vanilla frozen yogurt.

I miss my family. I'm just really homesick right now. I haven't seen my sister since Christmas. I haven't seen my parents since early February when we were the House of Sick and they came to help us out for a few days. They were planning on coming to visit before now, but my dad ended up with shingles. He is still not very comfortable, but is starting to feel better (with the help of epidurals and oxycodone). He and my mom are leaving later this month to go to Alaska for about two weeks. I guess they will try to come visit when they get home from Alaska. I know they miss Reed (they seldom miss me), but I miss them.

I learned yesterday that sorority reunion has been moved to Murray. This is an interesting turn of events, and I need to do some thinking on this. If it's in Murray, it seems like it would just be wrong for me to go to Murray, driving right through Paducah to get there, and not stop to see my folks. But my folks don't want to see me without Reed. So do we turn this into a family trip? If we end up driving to Kentucky in November, there is no way we will do it again in December for Christmas (which is fine - I have prepared my parents and sister for the chance that we won't be coming home for Christmas this year because it's just too hectic and painful). Alex and I need to talk about this, for sure.

Alex and his coworkers went to Chipotle for lunch today. We don't have Chipotle here. He drove almost 50 miles to have lunch in St. Cloud. Yes, that's right. I really have no other words for my thoughts on this; I will say that my thoughts on it were softened by the fact that he brought a burrito back for me.

1 comment:

Betseeee said...

Well, as long as he brought you a burrito, all's right in my world. Funny you should post that, though. Don't hate me, but we just discovered they are opening a Chipotle on the site of a former Pizza Hut about a mile from my house. Maybe you should come visit. :)

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.