Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More Nostalgia

After looking for Little People on ebay, I started searching for more toys that we had at my house growing up. I forgot how awesome some of these were (and forgot that I even had some of them, until I saw them on ebay and had an "oh yeah..." moment).



The "TV" - wind it up, it plays music and the screen changes - it loops through some nursery rhymes.





The music-box record player. I loved this thing. It's at my sister's house - her girls were playing with it, last I heard.





The LP airplane - there are several versions of it, but this is the one we have. It's in good shape except for a tail wing being broken. It's at our house and Reed loves it.





My Drowsy doll. This isn't actually mine, but one like it as far as I can tell. Actually, this one looks a little newer than I remember mine being. She had a pull-string and talked.





This was a baby toy, and I really think it was my sister's - I remember it, though.





I guess this was the 70s version of the Ocean Wonders Crib toy that Reed loved when he was still in his crib.






And who can forget the Chatter Telephone?? Loved it.


2 comments:

Moppers23 said...

Oh my gosh Molly, I had those toys too! What a blast from the past! That crib toy, that apple, the record player! Even the plane!!!

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

I used to have a record player just like that, too--it was one of my very favorite toys when I was little! (And then I grew up to--for a while, anyway--be a radio DJ! Go figure.)

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.