Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Killing time

I am having motivational issues. At work and in general. The weather is nice, I want to be outside. I want to go pick strawberries. I want to go home and take a nap. I want to paint my bedroom, and I want to get started painting all of my woodwork. I want to be anywhere but here, really.

I'm very excited that some girls from my sorority in college are planning a reunion in October. It won't be an entire-chapter event; just members who were active between 1993 and 1998. I was active from 1992 until 1995, so I'm covered. The date is not confirmed yet, but it's either the weekend before or the weekend after Reed's birthday, which is perfect timing. I was thinking about it this morning and about how I didn't know if I could go because of location, airfare, etc. It is being held in Evansville, Indiana, which may seem to be an out of the way place, but it's really quite central to the majority of the people who will be attending. Right as I was talking myself out of it, my friend Karen, who lives in Kenosha, Wisconsin, emailed me to see if I wanted to drive to her house and then drive down to the reunion together. This is such an awesome idea and I'm so glad she thought of it, because now I will actually be able to go.

3 comments:

Betseeee said...

Woohoo! Evansville! :-P In all seriousness, that sounds like a really fun reunion, and I hope you get to go.

Ladybird said...

Considering that I am due Sept 28, I am not sure that I am going to be able to attend....which stinks. I was looking forward to it! Take lots of pictures for me!

surly said...

Ah yes, E-ville! I spent many a weekend in that town (ex-H was from there). Too bad it's not a little closer to Indianapolis -- I'd totally stalk you. :p

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.