Thursday, March 20, 2008

Recap

The trip to visit the inlaws went much better than expected. I'm sure that's largely in part to the fact that I had extremely low expectations. I also realized that what I hate the most about going to visit isn't the actual visit itself; it's the act of getting there. Parking the car at the airport, taking the tram to check in, fighting with Reed about the stroller/escalator/elevator/whatever else he thinks he needs to do to exercise his independence, baggage checks and claims, being herded like cattle onto and off of the plane, and so on and so forth. If you travel, you get my drift.

Flying into JFK flat out sucks, and I think we have finally reached an agreement that we Will. Not. Ever. do that again.

I was also very impressed with Reed's behavior on this trip. He's been flying since he was four months old, so that wasn't my concern; I was more concerned about how he would act at his grandfather's house and with his cousins. He was so good and so well-behaved, and exceeded all of my expectations in the areas of sleep, sharing, and following directions. :)

The worst thing about the trip was that we all ended up with a cold. If that's the worst, I'll take it.

No comments:

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.