Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday ramblings

After a truly hellish week at work that ended with an oil spill on the roof (late Friday afternoon, no less), we were all happy to greet the weekend. There were weather forecasts that included the words "sunshine" and "mid-40s," which is as close to perfect as I can expect right now. This is Minnesota, after all. The part of the weather forecast that I missed was "windy." Our big plans to go fly Reed's kite today were axed when I realized that he'd be flying away with the kite. And the mud, the mud! That's what happens when all of the snow we accumulate over the winter actually starts to melt. Anyway, hanging out at home seems to be the plan of the day. And I'm okay with that.

We went for another haircut for Reed yesterday, with a much better outcome. Against Alex's wishes, I bribed Reed with a toy. I told him that if he was good during the haircut, we'd go get a toy. Alex objected to this reasoning because we are calling two different things "toy" and he doesn't want a toy to become an expectation. For the record, I was talking about a $0.97 Matchbox car and he was talking about something much more expensive.

The haircut went well, except for Reed yelling "no hairdryer, no hairdryer - it's too windy" the entire time. We promised him that there would be no hairdryer, but as long as it was in his sight, he was worried. I finally covered it up with an extra towel and he settled down.

Earlier this morning I got a good look at Reed's hands and saw that his fingernails needed trimming. I went for the clippers, and he grabbed them away from me and CLIPPED HIS OWN FINGERNAILS. I can't get the kid to sit on and use the potty to save my life, but he'll clip his nails? Geesh.

No comments:

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.