Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random

I'm having writers block. Nothing in my life right now seems interesting enough to jot down.

We got our backsplash installed two weekends ago, and we got the grout put up (in?) this past weekend. I am totally in love with it and with how it makes our kitchen look. One negative, I'm afraid - Alex was cooking dinner last night and got a grease splatter on the backsplash above the stove - and I don't know if it's going to come off. And if it does, how do I protect it for the future? I'm afraid a piece of plexiglass above the stove is in my future. We didn't have this problem in our last home, I guess because the tile was not natural stone - it had a nice glaze on it that was easy to clean. Whenever I got spaghetti sauce or whatever on it, it just wiped off.

My parents were here for a week. We had a nice visit, Reed loved having them here, but they left on Sunday and we're slowly returning to normal around our house. I am interviewing housecleaners today and tomorrow. Alex and I had a deal that when I got my promotion, I could get a housecleaner. I hope I find someone, because I really am tired of cleaning my house myself. Oh, who am I kidding? Alex does the cleaning. I'm tired of him spending Saturdays doing the cleaning when we could be out doing something else. Or just sleeping. Sleep sounds good too.

No comments:

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.