Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ramblings, part 2

It's not that there's nothing to write about; it's more like there's too much to write about and a lot of stuff that I'm not willing to share with all of cyberspace.

Things here are great for the most part. The kitchen rocks my socks. I can't believe that our tile backsplash turned out as well as it did. It's really a work of art. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I am very proud of our work in there.

It's a long weekend, yay, and we have no plans. I am really excited about that because we've just had too much going on lately. We might get together with some friends tomorrow, but if we do, I think it's going to be at a playground or park and not at our house (or their house) because they're as wiped out and exhausted as we are right now.

We are planning to go to Kentucky in November and skip the Christmas trip. I've got mixed feelings about that, because our November trip isn't even Thanksgiving - it's earlier in the month for a reunion. I'm really excited about the reunion; we'll get to see a lot of friends and especially our friends Becky and Lee and their little girl Lorelai. When we all lived on the east coast we saw each other quite often, but we've moved to Texas and then Minnesota since then, and they are now just outside Detroit. No more four-hour-drive between our homes, which kind of sucks because we had so much fun running back and forth to Baltimore, DC, and NYC. Those were pre-kid days, when staying out half the night was not a big deal at all. Oh, how far we've come (or gone) since then!

No comments:

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.