Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Why I hate winter.

So a little over a year ago, we left nice, warm, Austin Texas to move to Minnesota. It was a great job opportunity for me, and turned out to be a great move for Alex as well. As you might have guessed, the winters in Texas and Minnesota are very, very different. VERY different.

So far this winter, I have fallen and probably cracked my tailbone, and our entire family was sick for a good month. I'm still getting over what my doctor has termed "the worst case of strep throat he's ever seen." We have a foot of snow on the ground right now, and my husband just informed me that it is snowing again. Which means we'll have to dig our cars out again tomorrow, because we're projected to get about four inches, which is just enough to mess things up pretty good.

I'm grateful that we actually get snow, as opposed to Texas (which gets no snow) and Kentucky (which gets mainly ice). You can drive on snow. It's not entirely miserable like dealing with ice. It's even pretty for a little while (until it gets dirty). And it's pretty to watch falling. But otherwise, winter really focking sucks.

No comments:

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.