Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday

One of our New Year's resolutions was to find a church and start attending on a regular basis. We are now almost through February, and we have not even started looking for a church. I am really selfish with my Sunday mornings. I am admittedly lazy and like to sit around and drink coffee and read the newspaper. I also like to go back to bed, because I'm usually the one who Reed wants to get up with him (it's okay though, because he goes to Alex on Saturday mornings and I get to sleep in). I'm really torn on this, though, because I want Reed to grow up going to church. I want him to learn the bible stories and memorize the bible verses like I did growing up. Alex didn't have anything along the lines of Sunday school growing up so he's a bit skeptical of it all, but he's deferred the decision to me. He has no need for organized religion, so he's certainly not the one dragging us out of the house and to church on Sundays. If it's going to happen, it's going to have to be my doing.

No comments:

About Me

Lexington, Kentucky
Grant is in kindergarten. If you've ever met him, you know he's got a big personality. I started this blog to track his kindergarten antics.